Did you know that 75% of Instagram users say they take action after being inspired by a post? See inspiring examples of what to post to engage with your community and increase the chances of getting your business discovered by new followers.
Get recognised as a business on Instagram
Here are some posting tips to get you started:
Create high-quality visuals
Take quality photos or videos with your mobile phone in good lighting. Draw attention to your photos with apps such as Layout, Boomerang or Hyperlapse.
Build a brand
Use your logo, colours or products to create a personality for your business. This can help you build a consistent look and feel across all your content.
Stay top of mind with customers and fans by posting regularly. The more frequently you post on Instagram, the more interactions (likes, shares, profile visits etc.) you’ll receive. Try to post at least two to three times per week so people are continually reminded of your business.
Be inspired by these fun ideas
Posts make it easy to communicate and share updates with your customers and community. Have a cosy corner or an eye-catching mural for someone’s selfie? Use your posts to capture what makes your space or products unique and draw people to your store or website.
Feature your employees
Introduce your employees to your community.
Showcase your products
The most effective images are often the simplest ones. Take a picture of your product on a simple background.
Go behind the scenes
Show people a side of your business that users don’t typically see.
Highlight your customers
Show your existing customers some appreciation or recognition.
Ask a question
Encourage interaction with your business by asking your community with a question in your caption.
Use trending hashtags
Lean into hashtags as an easy way to reach people who don’t already follow you. If you’re a salon owner, think about hashtags such as #nailart or #hairstyle. Bear in mind that more specific hashtags will reach a more targeted audience.
How to post on Instagram
Customers are engaged when they see a variety of visuals. To share your next photo or video, you can click Create Post or follow the steps below to create your next post:
To share your next photo or video:
- Open the app and click at the bottom of the screen
- To upload a photo from your phone’s library, tap Library (iOS) or Gallery (Android) at the bottom of the screen and select the photo that you’d like to share
- To take a new photo or video, tap Photo or Video at the bottom of the screen. You can tap to switch between front and rear-facing cameras and to adjust flash.
- Play with the filter and editing tools until you are happy with your photo or video. Then, click Next.
- Write a short caption, include relevant tags or hashtags and select any other platforms to cross-share your post and reach more people. Click Share.
Edit your photos and videos
It’s important to give your photos a consistent look and feel as you build your business presence on Instagram. Use these tips to help you use Instagram’s photo editing features:
- Once you’ve taken or uploaded a photo or video, you can edit it by applying filters. Tap the filter you’d like to apply, adjust the strength using the slider bar, and then tap done to save.
- Tap Brightness to make your photo brighter or darker.
- Tap Contrast to make the bright areas of your photo brighter and the dark areas darker.
- Tap Saturation to increase or decrease the colour intensity of the image.