A New Functional Skincare Range
Aman Essentials, the lifestyle brand derived from the revered luxury hospitality company Aman, has launched Essential Skin, a new skincare range comprising five products developed and produced in Japan which combine to create a functional and effective daily skincare routine supporting the natural skin barrier, encouraging deep hydration, and protecting from daily environmental stressors. Aman Essential Skin comprises a Clarifying Milk Cleanser, Skin Activating Toner, Replenishing Face Serum, Radiance Face Cream and Illuminating Eye Cream.
Each of the products is built around two key ingredients featured throughout the range. Ancient purple rice bran extract is known for its antioxidant properties, as well as promoting fibroblast proliferation rate which supports the production of collagen. Indigo extract, from the indigo plant, has also been proven for its anti-oxidant potential.
In addition, Aman Essential Skin uses a unique blend of potent herbs that have long been valued in Japan for their powerful effects, as well as skin actives including Vitamin C, Vitamin E, peptides, and hyaluronic acid.
In keeping with Aman’s ethos of celebrating knowledge from ancient heritages, indigo features throughout each product as it has been used as a medicinal herb since the 5th Century. Known as Aizome, which is the process of indigo dyeing, and the properties of the indigo herb were favoured by the Samurais, who would wear Aizome clothing for its antibacterial effect on wounds, which was said to encourage faster healing.
The Aman Essential Skin range comprises:
- Clarifying Milk Cleanser ($80) – A refining milk cleanser which removes make-up and impurities to reveal clear and hydrated skin. Ingredients include phytosterols, which is highly moisturising, as well as lecithin which improves skin’s moisture retention
- Skin Activating Toner ($95) – A toning lotion created to condition the skin, restore the natural pH balance, and infuse the skin with hydration. Ingredients include lactic acid, an alpha-hydroxy acid which gently exfoliates the skin, as well as hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring humectant which plumps and hydrates the skin
- Replenishing Face Serum ($170) – A potent serum which rehydrates, reduces dullness, and reveals firm and brightened skin. Combining Vitamin C to brighten and prevent premature ageing with Vitamin E, whose antioxidant properties help to reduce the impact of environmental stressors, as well as squalane, naturally derived from olives, which boosts hydration
- Radiance Face Cream ($250) – A rich and hydrating face cream which promotes smooth, luminous skin. Key ingredients include camellia oil, extracted from camellia seeds an ingredient used in Japanese beauty for over 1,000 years, which provides nourishment. In addition, phytosterol macadamiate, a butter-like compound of macadamia nut oil which creates a rich texture and protective layer on the skin.
- Illuminating Eye Cream ($270) – A replenishing eye cream created to rejuvenate and brighten the eye area, which uses caffeine to help reduce puffiness and improve circulation in the skin, and peptides known for its properties which can enhance the production of collagen, and hyaluronic acid to help prevent premature ageing.