Bringing Together Communities in Celebration of The Iconic Fullerton Building’s 90th Anniversary
- The event saw over 30,000 visitors from all over the world embarking on a journey through time across The Fullerton Heritage precinct
- In support of the President’s Challenge, it raised SGD200,000 for beneficiaries in Singapore
- Sweeping both the Best of Class (Modern Classics) and Best of Show awards, was Dato’ Jaya J B Tan with his beautifully restored 1971 Mercedes-Benz 280SE 3.5 Cabriolet
THE entire Fullerton Heritage precinct was abuzz with excitement and activity over the weekend as The Fullerton Hotel Singapore celebrated the 90th anniversary of the iconic Fullerton Building with the inaugural Fullerton Concours d’Elegance.
Held between 29th June and 1st July, 2018, the event hosted more than 30,000 visitors from all over the world. Visitors were treated to various specially organised activities over the three-day celebration – from the rarest vintage and classic cars on display to high performance car debuts, photography workshops, children’s activities and car artworks on display. Visitors were also treated to specially created culinary delights by The Fullerton Hotel Singapore that celebrated the commemoration of the Fullerton Building as Mile Zero, the reference point from which all roads in Singapore were previously measured.
As part of the celebrations, we are pleased to announce the following:
Celebrating the finest in automotive excellence
26 classic, vintage and antique cars competed in the Concours d’Elegance (competition of elegance), a world-class event where prestigious cars are displayed and judged on appearance, originality, and the accuracy of their preservation or restoration. The winners from the three competition classes were:
- Best in Class (Pre-World War II Vintage): 1926 Rolls-Royce Twenty Connaught Tourer by Larry Lim
- Best in Class (Post War Classic): 1953 MG TD by Derek Addison
- Best in Class (Modern Classic): 1971 Mercedes-Benz 280SE 3.5 Cabriolet by Dato’ Jaya J B Tan
- BEST IN SHOW: 1971 Mercedes-Benz 280SE 3.5 Cabriolet by Dato’ Jaya J B Tan
- Winning the hearts of fans was the 1967 #Jaguar E-Type Series 1.5 Roadster, which was awarded the “Crowd Favourite” award.
Support for President’s Challenge
A grand total of SGD200,000 was raised at the inaugural Fullerton Concours d’Elegance for the President’s Challenge. The amount was raised through private auctions organised during the Opening Ceremony Gala Dinner, Awards Ceremony Gala Dinner, and partial proceeds from table ticket sales. Proceeds will go to charities, causes, and social service organisations supported by the President’s Challenge such as Association for Persons with Special Needs and Dyslexia Association of Singapore.
Some of the auction items included an exquisite Audemars Piguet timepiece and a specially commissioned painting by artist Stephen Peng, presented by Gallery NaWei.
The Fullerton Concours d’Elegance embodied the rich heritage and fine hospitality that The Fullerton Hotel Singapore is known for and served as a befitting celebration for the 90th anniversary of the Grande Dame. The Fullerton Hotel Singapore will continue to host a series of year-round events as part of its year-long celebration of the Fullerton Building’s 90th anniversary. Keep a lookout for the postal heritage gallery that will be debuting in the months to come!