PT Sarana Global Indonesia (SGI), through its subsidiary PT Nostag Nusantara Mardika, is trusted for 10-kilometer submarine power cable project from Senibong (Malaysia) to Senoko (Singapore). The project allows the Indonesian company to penetrate regional and international markets.
SGI is working with G8 Subsea PTE LTD to work on the TNB-SPPA Cable Installation Project at East Johor Strait Singapore Power. The two companies’ cooperation agreement was signed on August 16, 2019, the project of which is now underway and will be running until 2020.
PT Sarana Global Indonesia is an engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) company with experience in the field of submarine cable deployment. The company’s most recent cable winding project is the national strategic project of the West Palapa Ring and the East Palapa Ring Package.
Submarine cables are produced by a South Korean company (LS Cable). While the ship that employed in the project is a barge type named Nostag-10 (N-10) owned by SGI. Most of the ship’s crew are Indonesian. “We are proud to be trusted to work on this project, as well as to show that the Indonesian nation is capable of deploying both optical and power sea cables in the Southeast Asia Region, and hopes we can host our own country,” said Chandra Ari Setiawan, President Director of SGI.
Gerald Tan, Managing Director of G8 Subsea, expressed his belief that he could work on this project due to the presence of the N-10 cable barge. SGI is also supported by a good project and management team. “Hope we will continue to be able to work closely with the SGI,” he said.
About PT Sarana Global Indonesia (SGI)
PT Sarana Global Indonesia is an engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) company with experience in the field of submarine cable deployment. The company’s most recent cable winding is the national strategic project of the West Palapa Ring and the East Palapa Ring Package.
In addition, SGI supports several companies, including:
- PT Triasmitra Globalmarine Indonesia, which expanded SGI’s concentration in underwater rescue activities which was established in 2009.
- PT Jala Nusantara Mardika, which expanded its capabilities for underwater cable installation and maintenance by using Pacific Guardian cable ship
- PT Nostag Nusantara Mardika, which also expanded its ability to install power cables by using the Nostag-10 cable barge.
- SGI obtains professional affiliation and equipment standards from:
A registered company in SEACOM Salvage and Under Water Activities:
- Awarded the International Jointer Certification
- A Certification in Project Management Body of Knowledge
- A Certified ISO 9001: 2008 and OHSAS 18001: 2007 Company
- A fleet of survey vessels and Geophysical survey equipments.